Monday 28 January 2013

Opinions please

I am thinking of finishing The Key to my Heart as a cushion/pillow.  What do you think of something like this? What would you change?  Any other ideas? I have some thinner ricrac in the same colour and a length of leather thong that would work colourwise too.


Now obviously when I put it together, things will be straight and even but I couldn't get everything to lay flat.

The little buttons are great.  I got them from here. The customer service was great and whilst their prices aren't the cheapest around good customer service and cheap postage can make up for that.  I ordered the buttons and 2 pieces of Ric Rac and paid 28p postage.  That's not even the price of a second class stamp!

16 comments:

Bonnie Brown said...

I like the idea! The colours you picked are great and I just LOVE the buttons!

SoCal Debbie said...

Everything looks great together and the buttons are absolutely luscious!

Linda said...

What a great design Sharon. I think it would look great just like that. Love the buttons.

Linda

Kerryp77 said...

Those trims and buttons compliment the design well.

Mii Stitch said...

Go for it, it will look lovely!!!

Shirlee said...

I agree with everyone else ... it all works together beautifully!

Rhona said...

I'm in agreement with everyone else....it will look fabulous. Great choices!

Miamina said...

I'm completely useless when it comes to finishing and being creative. I think that you plan is great and the finishings you've picked are beautiful. I have no doubt it'll look amazing!

Emma/Itzy said...

I think that will look great! :)

Lesleyanne said...

I think it looks great.

Nicola said...

Go for it. Looking forward to seeing it finished.

Maureen said...

Great choice of fabrics. Definitely go with those.

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

stunning finish :) I love those colour choices for a finish.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

mmmmmm chocolate!

That's my opinion anyway.

Karoline said...

Great idea for the finishing, they look great

Brigitte said...

Looks perfect to me. Pillows are my favourite finishing.